Indonesia Solar Power Market
- Indonesia’s equatorial location an asset for solar energy projects.
- PLN’s Power Development Plan 2016-2025 – Additional generation capacity totals 80.5 GW over the period 2016-2025 or an average increase of 8.1 GW per year. More capacity is needed to meet the target of 25% of RE sources in the electricity mix by 2025.
- Over 2,500 Villages Will be Installed Solar Panel from 2019-2020 President Joko Widodo has signed a Presidential Regulation (Perpres) on the installation of solar panels for some isolated villages.
- The Sumatera Island PV Project Plant by PT. PLN (Persero) – PT. PLN (Persero) intends to select a Project Sponsor to develop the Sumatera Solar PV Plant Project with total capacity 167.58 MWp.
- Boosting utilization of Renewable Energy, PT. PLN (Persero) signs PPA with 53 IPPs in 46 scattered locations with total capacity over 400 Mwp (2 August 2017).
- East Kalimantan (Kaltim) to Build Biggest Solar Power Plant in Indonesia with capacity 360 Megawatts (MW)
- PLN plans to build a floating photovoltaic solar power plant in Cirata Reservoir, West Java. The company is now conducting a feasibility study together with a renewable energy developer from the United Arab Emirates, Masdar.
error: no need to do that :-)